The data controller for your information is Hotspring Ventures Limited (registered address: Fairfax House, 15 Fulwood Place, London, WC1V 6HU) (“Nail’s Map”, “we”, “our” or “us”). You can write to us at: Hotspring Ventures Limited, Fairfax House, 15 Fulwood Place, London WC1V 6HU or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
What information do we collect?
When you visit and/or use our Platform or contact us, we may collect the following information:
- Personal Information that you choose to share with us when you register for an account, subscribe to emails, newsletters and alerts and which you provide to us when using our services, including information entered into our booking platform and included in your comments, reviews or survey responses. In the course of making a booking or submitting reviews, you might voluntarily provide us with sensitive personal data if relevant to the service that you are requesting or reviewing (relating to your health or ethnicity, for example).
- Personal Information that you share with us as part of an application for a job at Nail’s Map, submitted either directly on the Websites or indirectly, including but not limited to, via a recruitment agency, unsolicited application or third-party recruitment platform. In the course of making an application you may choose to voluntarily provide us with sensitive personal data relating to whether reasonable adjustments ought to be made for you in the application process or subsequently if an employment relationship is established. However, you must not share any sensitive personal data with us that would not be necessary for us to make reasonable adjustments for you, e.g. political opinions, religious beliefs or specific information on your state of health.
- Where you are utilising our online payment facility, we may store (via ourselves or our appointed payment processor) your credit and debit card details on a secure encrypted basis.
- If you choose to communicate with us (for example, through the Platform, live chat, email, telephone, SMS, or social media) we will record the fact that you have contacted us, the content of your and our communication, your contact details, and other unique identifiers including IP address and display name.
It is important that all the Personal Information you give us when you register as a user or otherwise when you use the Platform is correct and accurate. This includes, by way of example only, ensuring that we have your correct contact (including email) details at all times.
Protecting your personal information
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. So, whilst we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Platform. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your Personal Information we will use strict procedures and security features in relation to that data.
How do we use your personal information?
In general terms, we use Personal Information to provide you with the services and products you request, process payment, provide customer services, deliver our content and ads which we think may be of interest to you, for customer research, to send you marketing and promotional emails and to notify you about important changes to our Platform.
We also use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract. This is relevant where you request a service via Nail’s Map. This includes:
- Sending you information about your requested services (such as appointment reminders) by email, SMS and push notification
- Facilitating your bookings and taking payments
- Responding to your questions and concerns
- Administering your account
- As required by Nail’s Map to conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:
- To keep our Platform and systems secure and to prevent fraud, security incidents and other crime
- To verify compliance with our terms and conditions and for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims
- To notify you about new Nail’s Map services and special offers we think you will find valuable, for example via email and displaying advertising on third party websites such as Facebook (where consent is not required)
- To investigate and respond to any questions or complaints received from you or from others, about our Platform or our products or services
- To conduct internal research and analysis so that we can see how our Platform, products and services are being used and how our business is performing
- To conduct market research and consumer surveys
- To collate and publish reviews of products or services offered by our Partners, and use these for advertising campaigns
- To process applications for a position at Nail’s Map, whether submitted directly or indirectly, including to examine your suitability for the role, curriculum vitae, and professional skills, to schedule interviews and assessments, to contact referees and, if successful, to offer you a job and establish an employment relationship with you. Information which you provide will be held for a period of 12 months and may be referred to in the event you make future applications to work at Nail’s Map, unless you opt to delete this data which you may do so by following the link in the confirmation of application email that we sent you.
- Where you give us consent:
- To notify you about new Nail’s Map services and special offers we think you will find valuable, for example via email and displaying advertising on third party websites such as Facebook (where consent is required)
- To send you information about competitions and surveys and details of promotional offers of our Partners and about other selected third parties’ goods or services, for example those of health, beauty, leisure and lifestyle brands, by email and as push notifications via the App
- To pass your personal information to our Partners and other selected third parties, for example health, beauty, leisure and lifestyle brands, to enable them to send you information about their goods and services on their own behalf
- To use customer communications for training, record-keeping and quality control purposes. If you telephone our customer experience team, and consent by not opting out, your call may be recorded. You will be told if such a recording is being made and given the opportunity to opt-out of being recorded if you wish to do so and the means for doing so.
- On other occasions where we ask you for consent, we will use the data for the purpose which we explain at that time
- For purposes which are required by law:
- To respond to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation
- To meet legal, regulatory and compliance requirements
Legitimate Interests Balancing Tests
We have carried out balancing tests for all the data processing we carry out on the basis of our legitimate interests, which we have described above. You can obtain information on any of our balancing tests by contacting us at @nailsmap.co.uk
Withdrawing consent or otherwise objecting to direct marketing
Wherever we rely on your consent, you will always be able to withdraw that consent, although we may have other legal grounds for processing your data for other purposes, such as those set out above. In some cases, we are able to send you direct marketing without your consent, where we rely on our legitimate interests. You have an absolute right to opt-out of direct marketing at any time. You can do this by following the instructions in the communication where this is an electronic message, or by contacting us using the details set out below.
- If you would like to unsubscribe from receiving communications which Nail’s Map sends you, you can do so by clicking the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of email communications which we send you or alternatively by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the case of email marketing please allow 48 business hours for your email address to be removed from our system.
- If you would like to unsubscribe from receiving communications which are sent by Partners and other third parties, please contact the Partner or third party directly. In the case of our Partners, if you need our assistance with this, we will be happy to do what we can to help you.
- If you would like to no longer receive push notifications via the App, you can do so by revoking push notification permission for the Apps in your phone’s operating system settings.
Please note that where you have opted out of receiving our email marketing communications via the methods described above, you may still see our non-targeted adverts whilst you are online, if your interests settings on Facebook are aligned to an audience segment (pre-defined by Facebook) which our business is also associated with. We do not control whether these ads are displayed to you.